Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Odd page formating

Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:22 PM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
Hi!
I'm new to the forum and have searched for this answer, but didn't see anything like this.

I just switched my site to Atahualpa and am working thru many issues. One that I cannot figure out is the page formatting. When I'm editing pages or posts that were created prior to switching themes, the text area run underneath the right sidebar (where it has headers of Publish, Page Attributes, etc.). The page looks fine when viewing the site (www.driftlessprairies.org) and is fine when adding new pages. This causes problems when I need to edit as I cannot access the words that are "under" the right sidebar.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Marci

Last edited by lmilesw; Mar 21, 2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try disabling all your plugins to see if there is a conflict
Old Mar 21, 2014, 08:38 AM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
Thank you for your help. I deactivated them all then reactivated them. Nothing changed.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 09:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you send me a PM with an admin id/pw I'll take a peek
Old Mar 21, 2014, 02:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, I just took a look and I have no problems. I selected edit for page 'Blue gray Gnatcatcher' and this is what I see
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gnatcatcher.jpg
Views:	1427
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	2522
Have you tried another browser? I used Safari on a mac.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 02:59 PM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
I just tried switching to Chrome and it's still the same problem. I downloaded and switched to Safari and it's still the same problem. When I switched themes, we were using a Mac and I work on a PC. Any chance this could have anything to do with this? I know I'll be editing and it's quite the challenge when I can't get "underneath" that right sidebar. I realize it's difficult for you to troubleshoot when it's working fine on your computer. Not sure what else to do. Any other suggestions?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 03:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What version of Windows and do you have all the latest updates? I don't know this is the problem. Just something to check.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 03:26 PM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
I'm running Windows 8 and updates ran just a couple of days ago.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 03:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
can you post a screen shot of the issue?
Also do you have your brwoser zoom set to normal?

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 21, 2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 05:25 PM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
Browser zoom is text only -- I don't have a "normal" setting. Here's the attachment: Sceen print.pdf
Old Mar 22, 2014, 07:42 AM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
I don't see my message with the screenshot posted. Was it received? I thought I would retry it but it isn't uploading now. Not sure why, I'm within all the parameters required.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 09:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
are you SURE you disabled ALL your plugins and then when and edited a page? Because I just disabled one of your plugins and the problem went away. Now you mission is to find out which one it is.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 09:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Do you have an editor plugin installed? I have seen this kind of thing happen when there are too many icons added to a row of the editor.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 09:47 AM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
Yes, I did deactivate all the plug ins but I didn't do it one at a time. Just did that...it's the Revolution Slider plug in that causing the format issues. How do I "fix" that?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you will need to talk to the plugin developer - I shut off the tinymce editor and it fixed it so there maybe a conflict between different plugins...
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:50 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Again, as I mentioned, check the number of icons you have added to the top row of the editor. Too many icons in a row produces this affect. Here is a screenshot when I added too many icons to a row in the TinyMCE editor.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 02:10 PM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
OK -- I got it worked out. It was the Ultimate TinyMCE. The Advanced one works fine. Thanks a bunch for all the help!!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:56 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
And Ultimate TinyMCE will work if you don't have too many icons on a row. That is what I use on several sites.