Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

New version Atahualpa

Old Mar 16, 2014, 04:21 AM
martasl

6 posts · Mar 2014
Hello,

I have been building a website and using the Atahualpa interface for the last months.

this week, the autosave feature did not work. When I opened the autosave, no codes or text were shown, so I could not update the autosaved version because there was nothing else than the title of the subject page.

I have tried to solve this through the support section, but it did not work either. there was no way of sending a support request. So, finally, with the hope it could help, I updated the new version (the last one) of Atahualpa, as the system had been showing the request for weeks. Immediately, the website has changed: my image, the menu bar… everything has disappeared.

No one has answered to my support requests and I NEED TO COME BACK TO THE OLD VERSION without losing more time (I've lost hours with this). My website header image is lost, as well, it is not even in the library.

I need the last version to be back and the features for which I am paying each month to work properly. It seems that Atahualpa is not the best choice.

Thanks and I am waiting for your answer and assistance.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 06:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There a several threads about the header in the latest version (3.7.13) along with the solution.
Did you search the forum?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 06:36 AM
martasl

6 posts · Mar 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. But my question is: how can I get back to my former website?¿???? I've lost NOT ONLY my header, but also the menu bar and several features with Atahualpa do not work.

I would like to know who is in charge of this. I am paying every month for having this troubles now. My website is going to be checked by an evaluator on Monday, and precisely today it turns up that this happens, with not a single link or option to ask for advise. This is very strange to me, specially because from wordpress I got a quick response, telling me that the Atahualpa providers would be able to solve this.

I bought an image. I am not prepared to lose it because of the upgrade and the simple question is, how can I undo all this changes and not lose the many hours work I did with the configuration of the menu??
Old Mar 16, 2014, 06:59 AM
martasl

6 posts · Mar 2014
Fabulous to see that, in addition, the header area can't be modified. Actually, nothing can be modified in the appearance. Look at the only page displayed, whichever it be the option in the appearance I try to select:
Click image for larger version

Name:	problem6.jpg
Views:	1929
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	2515

Anybody has any experience in contacting directly to someone for assistance for this type of problems? Shall I insist through wordpress or is there any way through the theme support option???
Old Mar 16, 2014, 07:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Go to ATO->header configuration and hit SAVE. Do the same for center area and footer
Old Mar 16, 2014, 07:27 AM
martasl

6 posts · Mar 2014
Thank you. But as I say, none of the options is working. I can't click and open the Header Configuration area. Please, see the screenshot I attach… it is the only screen I can see and open, none of the options in the Appearance menu works...
Old Mar 16, 2014, 07:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Have you disabled all your plugins?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 07:34 AM
martasl

6 posts · Mar 2014
I don't think so, should I?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 07:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Debugging101 - if things act strange, disable your plugging and see if things clear up then activate them one at a time
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:31 AM
martasl

6 posts · Mar 2014
I do not know what debugging101 is, and i can't find it. I've been trying to recover everything but, could anyone tell me how to contact the management and cancel the new version? Tomorrow morning I have my masters' review and expose my thesis, for which I need the website.

Could someone tell me one of those:

1. How to go to the earlier version and not lose my data/configuration
2. How to contact management - not from word press because they told me this is something to talk about the theme's management
3. How to solve everything not working:
- support not working
- not access to any of the ATP settings for the appearance
- not auto-save access

Please...
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you upgraded from a version of Atahualpa earlier than 3.7.12 and didn't have the image locations set properly the header, logo, and favicon images will be overwritten and will need to be replace from your backup or from the originals on your computer. Going back to an earlier version of Atahualpa will not restore those images.

This is a free theme and as such doesn't have any support beyond this forum. There is no "management" as such.

As Juggledad said the first step would be to deactivate all the plugins to see if that lets you get back into the theme options. Then reactivate one by one to see which is causing the problem.

This could also be an issue with your host or a glitch in the upgrade process when you updated the theme.

If you are able to get back into the theme options then saving the header and footer configurations as Juggledad mentioned should get your header, menus and footer back. you will still need to replace your header image, logo, etc.