Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Off Topic: But hoping for advice anyway - Slideshow plugins?

Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:53 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Need to add a slideshow option to the site.
Not all pictures are the same size and shape. Some are portrait, some landscape. I could, I suppose, make at least all of the widths all the same, but I'd rather not ask the client to do that once I turn the site over.
Also, all pictures in the slideshow should display captions. And I don't want long captions to overflow the width of the picture.

Have tried NextGEN Gallery, Portfolio slideshow, Gallery Slideshow, Slideshow and Slideshow Gallery. Either they do not do what I want or they are too difficult to configure.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I like 'WP Lightbox 2' - You use galleries you create in the WordPress media library and the gallery short code. You just add a 'del=files' to the gallery short code and you are all set.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I like Soliloquy. It is a premium plugin.