Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Arrow & Javascript animation disappears when writing category description

Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:08 PM
cheperico

4 posts · Jan 2011
Hi!

I have allowed category descriptions to appear in category page creating a category.php file with the index.php content and adding
Code:
<?php echo category_description( $category_id ); ?>
Then allowed HTML in category description, adding:
Code:
remove_filter('pre_term_description', 'wp_filter_kses');
After that, everytime I add description to a category that has sub-categories, arrow and animation disappears.

Couldn't check if this happened before the changes I did in the code, but deleting the changes didn't solve this issue.

The site is www.lavisiondelacalle.com.ar

Sorry about my poor english.

Thanks!

Last edited by cheperico; Feb 17, 2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 03:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
an you point to the location on your site where this is happening?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 07:56 AM
cheperico

4 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks Juggledad but I don't understand what you mean. The link points to the site where it happens.

"Proyectos" category has nothing in the description box, and it's menu item works with arrow and animation. "Servicios" category has some html code and text and it has no animation nor arrow. Both have a subitem so it should display arrow and animation.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 04:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
"Servicios" category has some html code and text and it has no animation nor arrow.
what is the HTML and the text?
Where did you put it?
Where did you put the code in post 1 in your copy of index.php?
once you add custom code, your beyond forum help. There is no way anyone can guess what you have done

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 17, 2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 05:34 PM
cheperico

4 posts · Jan 2011
I solved the issue replacing all breaks (enter key) from the code inside the category description with the </br> tag.

Now Juggledad, I answer your last questions.

Copied the content from atahualpa/index.php to a new file atahualpa/category.php (you know, by default there's no category.php in the atahualpa theme).

The code
Code:
<?php echo category_description( $category_id ); ?>
is after
Code:
<?php 
list($bfa_ata, $cols, $left_col, $left_col2, $right_col, $right_col2, $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();
get_header(); 
extract($bfa_ata); 
global $bfa_ata_postcount;
?>
This is the code I put in the category description (http://lavisiondelacalle.com.ar/wp-a...post_type=post):

Code:
<h1>Servicios</h1>

Trabajamos con cámaras de resolución Full HD y tomamos sonido de consola, directo o de aire.

<strong><span style="line-height: 1.5em;">Registro de actividades y memorias</span></strong>

Tenga en video del registro de una acción o actividad. Regale a los participantes, distribuya en Internet o revea para evaluar. Charlas, mesas, congresos, exposiciones y trabajos de campo pueden ser el objeto de este servicio.

<strong style="line-height: 1.5em;">Institucionales</strong></br><strong style="line-height: 1.5em;"></strong>Comunique lo que hace su organización mediante gráficos, entrevistas e imágenes de sus actividades.

<strong style="line-height: 1.5em;">Entrevistas y relatos</strong></br>Grabe su mensaje de forma audiovisual.

<h1>Portafolios</h1>
And this is the code that works ok:

Code:
<h1>Servicios</h1></br>Trabajamos con cámaras de resolución Full HD y tomamos sonido de consola, directo o de aire.</br></br><strong><span style="line-height: 1.5em;">Registro de actividades y memorias</span></strong></br></br>Tenga en video del registro de una acción o actividad. Regale a los participantes, distribuya en Internet o revea para evaluar. Charlas, mesas, congresos, exposiciones y trabajos de campo pueden ser el objeto de este servicio.</br></br><strong style="line-height: 1.5em;">Institucionales</strong></br><strong style="line-height: 1.5em;"></strong>Comunique lo que hace su organización mediante gráficos, entrevistas e imágenes de sus actividades.</br></br><strong style="line-height: 1.5em;">Entrevistas y relatos</strong></br>Grabe su mensaje de forma audiovisual.</br><h1>Portafolios</h1>
With all this I think the thread can be marked as solved, but if you think is a bug and need more information to fix it, just ask.

Thanks a lot!!!