Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Submenu indicator arrows are behind text

Old Feb 7, 2014, 02:51 PM
dondean

17 posts · May 2012
The indicator arrows on my submenu are overlapping the link name on the menu. I searched the forum and found related posts, and I may be on the right track as this in html inserts seemed to influence the arrows when I changed it to 'background-position: left;', but I want them to move right and away from the text.

Code:
div#menu1,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active { background-position: right!important;}
I'm working in Atahualpa 3.7.12 and the url is http://www.trcontemporary.com

Any help would be appreciated
Old Feb 7, 2014, 03:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Your arrows look like they are away from the text and when I virtually removed the code you mention using Firebug it had no influence on the display.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 08:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Start by exporting your settings then take out everything you have added to teh CSS inserts
Does the issue exist, if not add the css insets in a bit at a time till you figure out what is causing the issue
Old Feb 9, 2014, 05:08 PM
dondean

17 posts · May 2012
Thanks for the replies, guys, but maybe I'm not explaining myself well. The indicator arrows are in the dropdown list of artist names, e.g. 'Haines' and whatever browser I use the arrows are superimposed on the text. The html insert text I mentioned is set to 'background-position: right;' (left moves it far left on the submenus, but still behind text. I don't know if there's a padding, margin issue, but nothing I've found or tried gets it out away from the text.

btw I did a paypal donation, but I guess I wasn't logged in,

Transaction ID: 2XN090738A141521K

Dear Donald Kevin Dean,

You sent a payment for $20.00 USD to Lmm Muenchen.

Thanks, you guys are great
Old Feb 10, 2014, 02:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
those arrows are a background image assigned to any LI that has sub items. It is showing over the menu name because you have set the width to 25% in the CSS inserts

You did a doanation back in 2012 is that what you are talking about because you are a gold member.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:45 AM
dondean

17 posts · May 2012
Thanks, I was using that 25% to spread the menu items across the top. I was able to acheive about the same with:

Code:
ul.rMenu li {
margin: 7px 55px 2px 45px;}
..and that took care of my hidden arrows problem!

That donation was 2/7/14 Anyways, thanks!