Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Remove header image from home page - using static page

Old Jan 26, 2014, 04:18 PM
authenticcom

3 posts · Oct 2012
Hi!

I am using a static page for my home page. I want my header image to be removed (not hidden, but the container actually removed) from just my home page. I want it to show up on as usual on all other pages and posts.

I have read every thread I can find about this. I have found three different answers...

body.home #imagecontainer {display:none;}
.page-id-644 #imagecontainer {
display: none;
}

body.home td#header {display: None;}

body.home div.post-headline {
display: none;
}

I have tried each of these (individually) on style.css and none of them work. Should they work? Or am I doing something wrong?

Page where we want to remove header image and container: http://international-travel-for-free...m/quid-pro-go/

Any and all help would be appreciated!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 06:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
HTML Code:
body.home #imagecontainer {display:none;}
will work but you add it to the CSS Inserts box in the theme options not to style.css. Any code you add to style.css would get overwritten in a theme upgrade. Code added to CSS Inserts would remain in a theme upgrade.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 02:06 PM
authenticcom

3 posts · Oct 2012
Larry - THANK YOU!

I knew it was going to be something really *duh* that I had done.

For others reading this thread, I put... body.home #imagecontainer {display:none;}

into...

ATO > CSS & Javascript > Confiure CSS & JS

And into the last box on that page... CSS Inserts

Worked like a charm! Hallelujah!