Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Planning to build a site with over 5000 'Pages', Can Atahulpa hold it?

Old Jan 1, 2014, 08:08 PM
mukundguruji

6 posts · Jun 2009
Greetings,
I am planning to build a site with over 5000 'Pages'. There will also be 'posts' to supplement the main content in the 'Pages'. Can I build such a site with Atahualpa without compromising the loading time of my site? Please give me necessary directions on this point.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 05:08 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This has more to do with WordPress and your host than the theme. I would check on the WordPress forums and check with your host on handling the bandwidth/data.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 05:16 AM
mukundguruji

6 posts · Jun 2009
Greetings, and thank you for the quick reply. I have checked the Wordpress forum and have not found any clear cut answer for my question. Can you please help me ? My webhost is Hostmonster.com.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 05:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you couldn't find an answer at wordpress why would you thing this forum could help you?

I don't think you will find an answer, there are two many variables

You are going to have to do some testing and come to a conclusion yourself.

Please let us know your results.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 05:56 AM
mukundguruji

6 posts · Jun 2009
Because this forum has great gurus like Juggledad and lmilesw.
lmilesw ... can you help me?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 08:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
And you probably won't find a clear cut answer as there are many variables as JD mentioned such as what is on the 5000 pages, how many visitors per day will there be, etc, etc. This is certainly not a theme related issue. I would check with your host.