Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Blog post titles aren't displayed with blog post excerpts

Old Dec 30, 2013, 06:28 PM
techelpmike

5 posts · Dec 2013
I'm using all of the latest updates for the Atahualpa theme and for Wordpress.

The titles of the blog posts are not displayed on the blog page. Only the excerpts show up on the blog page, and with no title to click on there is no way to read the articles. I have put many hours of searching and researching how to fix this problem, and have no solution.

See www.yourtechelp.com.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 06:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA and press the green 'Save changes' button
go to ATO->Style & edit FOOTER and press the green 'Save changes' button

see if you still have the problem.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 08:32 PM
techelpmike

5 posts · Dec 2013
This had no effect at all.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 03:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What happens if you disable ALL plugins?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 04:53 PM
techelpmike

5 posts · Dec 2013
I end with 18 plugins that need to be activated. Blog post titles are still not displayed. I can send you an admin password in a PM if you want to look around.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 05:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what do you have at ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Text?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 06:11 PM
techelpmike

5 posts · Dec 2013
Headline box = "margin: 0 0 5px 0;", Headline box:Text = "padding: 0; margin: 0; display: none;", Body Box = "margin: 10px 0 10px 0;" Everything else has the default settings.

The "display: none" was added to hide the page titles. When I deleted it, the blog post titles are displayed (Hoo-Ray Happy New Year!) but now the home page has a bar under the menu bar that says HOME (or the name of whatever page is selected) in size H1. How can I hide these page names and keep my blog post titles?

Last edited by techelpmike; Dec 31, 2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 03:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Have you looked at the different classes for the elements. You should be able to craft a CSS selector that will be selective enough to just hide the page titles.

have you examined a page and then a post using FireBug to see the difference?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:37 AM
techelpmike

5 posts · Dec 2013
Isn't firebug a firefox extension? I had to quit using Firefox as they would dump all of my tabs every few days. But I will try this to see what you are talking about. And where do you put the CSS in Atahualpa? You have to use the ato in order to use any css?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Yes Firebug is a firefox extension - you don't need to use it, you could look at the source of the page
Quote:
And where do you put the CSS in Atahualpa?
haven't you looked at the Theme Options?