Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Alt menu wanted

Old Nov 27, 2013, 06:04 PM
suanqu

3 posts · Oct 2013
Hi, I run a site with hundreds of static pages - http://www.suan-qu.com/ .

I'd like a customisable menu to place on specific pages and thought possibly something in js for my site so that users don't have to return to the drop down every time they want a new page, even though the pages where relevant do have a 'next' link.

Ideally every category and sub category would have a separate menu. Have tried uber menu but couldn't get it working as desired. Also don't want to disturb the current margins.

The idea of a floating menu would be great as users could move it around as needed.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 06:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You might try posting this over on WordPress.org.
this wouldn't allow you to float the menus, but you could create a bunch of custom WP menus and put a new widget area in the header. Then add the menus using the WP custom menu widget and something like 'widget logic' to control which page the menu displays on.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 06:23 PM
suanqu

3 posts · Oct 2013
Thanks for that