Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] How to exclude widgets from one page

Old Sep 22, 2013, 07:11 AM
Thursday

21 posts · Aug 2009
I rather feel it should be really easy to exclude all widgets in a sidebar from a particular page but I can't work out how. Searched on forum for clues to no avail, would appreciate simple instructions! Thank you.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 07:51 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
  1. Make a new template without widgets.
  2. Assign that template to the pages where you don't want widgets.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 07:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could use one of several plugins for hiding widgets on certain pages. That of course would leave you with the widget area blank. You could also create a new virtual page template as a copy of the page.php and edit the code in that template to eliminate the sidebar and expand the content full width.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 09:40 AM
Thursday

21 posts · Aug 2009
Thank you gentlemen, went for the easiest option and used a plugin.