Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Password Protected Pages - cannot sign in

Old Aug 29, 2013, 01:05 PM
AmiG

8 posts · Aug 2013
I am unable to figure out what my problem is. I am hoping someone can help me.

I have several password protected pages that I have not visited since upgrading to Montezuma some time ago.

They have worked in the past but no longer respond to the correct password. I probably should have tested them at the time but didn't.

I have deactivated the theme with all plug-ins activated and the password protection works just fine. I have disabled all the plug-ins with Montezuma activated and the page is non-responsive again.

The only modification I have made is to add the following to the functions.php:

add_filter( 'the_password_form', 'custom_password_form' );
function custom_password_form() {
global $post;
$label = 'pwbox-'.( empty( $post->ID ) ? rand() : $post->ID );
$o = '<form class="protected-post-form" action="' . get_option('siteurl') . '/wp-pass.php" method="post">
' . __( "Your files are only a password away.<br />Please use the password that was sent to you via email to access the goodies.<br /> <br />") . '
<label for="' . $label . '">' . __( "Password:" ) . ' </label><input name="post_password" id="' . $label . '" type="password" size="20" /><input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="' . esc_attr__( "Submit" ) . '" />
</form><br /><p style="font-size:14px;margin:0px;">If you have misplaced your password, or need a new one, please <a href="http://domain/contact">contact us to get set up.</a></p>

';
return $o;
}

Restoring the original functions.php makes no difference.

Here is an example of an offending page: bit.ly/15jBEHt I have reset the password to "montezuma"

Any ideas?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 01:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What happens if you disable all plugins?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:03 AM
AmiG

8 posts · Aug 2013
The problem persists with or without the plug-ins activated.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 04:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I just created a password protected page and it works fine, just as you would expect. I would suggest uploading a fresh copy of the theme to make sure you remove all the changes you made.

This looks like different users could have different passwords. How is that handled?

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 30, 2013 at 04:45 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:31 AM
AmiG

8 posts · Aug 2013
I wish I could tell you what the problem was but reinstalling the theme did the trick.

Thanks for your help and a first rate theme.