Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Remove arrow

Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:48 PM
John Doe

2 posts · Aug 2013
Hi there,

I am new to Wordpress but I love this free theme

I want to remove the arrow as you can see at this image:

I have checked everything (also this forum) but I canīt figure out how to do this.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:18 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Very interesting, on the home page, the <title> tag appears to be <title>SiteTitle &larr; TagLine</title>, and it's the HTML escape code &larr; which is generating the left arrow.

The only way I can think of to change it (besides creating a child theme) is to use some JavaScript. Copy & insert this code into Appearances > Montezuma Options > Head > Insert Code > Bottom:
Code:
<script>
   // Change the document title
   document.title = 'Vragen';
</script>
The one line sets the document title to Vragen. Of course, set it to whatever value you want.

If you wanted to instead replace the left arrow with another character (like a colon), you could use the JavaScript replace function (the \u2190 is the UniCode hex value for the left arrow):
Code:
<script>
   // Change the site title
   var strTitle = document.title;
   document.title = strTitle.replace('\u2190', ':');
</script>
Note that putting the code in the Insert Code section will change the document title for all of the pages on your site. For example, if you had an About page, normally the Montezuma theme creates the document title as About <- SiteTitle, so this JavaScript will overwrite that as well. If you want it to just be changed on your home page, you can include the JavaScript just on the home page instead of in the Insert Code section.

Last edited by CrouchingBruin; Aug 11, 2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Added code to do a string replace.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:20 PM
John Doe

2 posts · Aug 2013
Thanks This removed only the arrow from īvragenī (as you mentioned that).

I have found this topic:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19069

That did the job for me. However... I can not use any more this tag: <ul></ul> I have to use short codes for it.

For now Iam happy Thanks for your help/reply!

Last edited by John Doe; Aug 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM.