Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Help: Can't get menus to work - pages from menu show instead

Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:26 PM
RobMontreal

3 posts · Jul 2013
Hi,

I am working on this site: www.waterworksmontreal.com.

I have set up the Menus so that there is a "Menu" called "Shows" with a single page below it called "Palace of the End March 2013"; then there is supposed to be a second menu called "The Company" with a page underneath called "News and announcements".

Instead, I am getting what you see here- just the pages underneath, not the menus I defined, and with the formatting screwed up.

Here are my specifications:

My settings under Menu:

2 Menus--
One called "Shows/Spectacles" which is assigned to Theme Location 1. It has one page linked, called "Palace of the End March/mars 2013"
Another called "The Company/La compagnie" which is assigned to Theme Location 2. I has one page called "News and announcements".

My sub-template header.php code:

<div id="banner-bg" class="cf">
<div id="banner" class="row">
<div id="logo-area" class="col5">
<<?php bfa_if_front_else( 'h1', 'h3' ); ?> id="sitetitle">
<a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a>
</<?php bfa_if_front_else( 'h1', 'h3' ); ?>>
<p id="tagline"><?php bloginfo( 'description' ); ?></p>
</div>
<?php wp_nav_menu( array(
'container' => 'nav',
'container_class' => 'menu-wrapper col7',
'container_id' => 'menu1-wrapper',
'menu_id' => 'menu1',
'menu_class' => 'cf menu',
'theme_location' => 'menu1',
'fallback_cb' => 'bfa_page_menu'
) ); ?>
<?php wp_nav_menu( array(
'container' => 'nav',
'container_class' => 'menu-wrapper col7',
'menu_id' => 'menu1',
'menu_class' => 'cf menu',
'theme_location' => 'menu2',
'fallback_cb' => 'bfa_page_menu'
) ); ?>

</div>
</div>

<a href="<?php bloginfo( 'rss2_url' ); ?>" class="rsslink" title="<?php _e( 'Subscribe to RSS Feed', 'montezuma' ); ?>"></a>

<div id="breadcrumbs1-bg">
<nav id="breadcrumbs1" class="breadcrumbs lw">
<?php bfa_breadcrumbs( 'breadcrumbs1' ); ?>
</nav>
</div>

Any help will be appreciated !

Rob
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
'menu_id' => 'menu1',

Both should be unique, ie you have two menus using the same ID's
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:17 PM
RobMontreal

3 posts · Jul 2013
Thanks!

That does cause both buttons to appear now, but it doesn't solve the root problem: that I have configured menus, and it's showing me pages instead.

Rob
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:32 PM
RobMontreal

3 posts · Jul 2013
OK, I am beginning to realize I misunderstood the idea of menus. I thought the pages would be sub-items under headers called by the Menu's names... but I think I am wrong about this.

I'm withdrawing the question til I get it straight. Thanks!