Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

WP-dtree - Category Widget Display Type: "Block" is not working

Old Jul 3, 2013, 05:05 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
Hi guys

I have wp 3.5.2 and Apahaulpa 3.7.12.

I installed wp-dtree 4.3.1.

I have the following problem:

When I have the "Disable WP-dTree's default stylesheet" Enabled the formatting of the Widget does not display properly. It does not "Block".

See here: http://www.discerningtheworld.com/?attachment_id=13591

Then when I Disable the "Disable WP-dTree's default stylesheet" then the categories make one long line and vanish off the end of the page instead of word wrapping.

See here: http://www.discerningtheworld.com/?attachment_id=13592

Can you please help me. I want the 'Block' css to work properly so that it's all nicely aligned.

This is the only collapsing categories plugin that works with the latest wordpress version(s), the others sllloowwww down the website and backend so badly you want to pull your hair out.

Thanks!!!!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 06:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
It does not "Block".
what do you mean by 'block'?
what happens if you swap to twenty-twelve?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 07:30 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
By Block I mean that it ALIGNS nicely.

If you look at the attachment: http://www.discerningtheworld.com/?attachment_id=13591 you will see for instance that words: "Abuse, Railer, Reviler" do not align nicely and move all the way to the left, instead of Blocking under the word "Abusive"

| | | -- Abusive Language, Verbal
Abuse, Railer, Reviler

So it must look like this:

--------Abuse, Railer, Reviler

>> what happens if you swap to twenty-twelve?

I tried to change the theme but when I did there were no side bars so it wont let me see.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 08:23 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
No, this is not funny.

I tried to change my theme to twenty-twelve using the live preview. I did not save anything.

When I go look at my blog all my content is missing! Where is everything?

All it says is HOME but there are no articles listed below.

--------------

OK - I fixed it, it seems the theme set the website to view Home as a static page instead of all my articles.

Last edited by Pikkals; Jul 3, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 02:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd have to see the widget on the site to give you any advice.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:29 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
It's on my website, http://www.discerningtheworld.com/ if you look, on the right hand side side bar under the 'General Comments Section'

Thank you so much for you help.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 04:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you asked the plugin author how to handle this?
you may want to look at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/p...wrap?replies=3
p.s. this plugin hasn't been updated in a year and a half...

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 4, 2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 07:47 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
No I haven't, because the guy appears to be a real 'nice piece of work' when it comes to asking him questions and it seems you get verbally abused if you ask for help. His answer to this specific problem is hack the CSS.

Now I have taken the dtree.css and added it to the Atahualpa CSS inserts and I have been playing around but I don't know much or anything about CSS and quite frankly I am getting now where... that is why I came here asking for help.

I just can't get:

Abuse, Railer, Reviler

to look like

--------Abuse, Railer, Reviler

So I don't know what to do now...
Old Jul 4, 2013, 09:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I played with the CSS for awhile and couldn't come up with an answer. Also the plugin hasn't been updated in over two years. I would look for another category menu plugin.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 05:01 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there

I will attempt to communicate with the author of this plugin and see if I get a decent reply from him. Otherwise I will look for another plugin. Unfortunately the ones I've tried so far do not work with wp 3.5.2. and slow the whole blog and back-end down to a snails pace.
Maybe there is a little gem hiding out there that I haven't tried yet.

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2013, 06:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I went to the support forum and see what you mean by his attitude. I suspect he's been doing this so long he's gotten tired of answering the same question over and over but he could be a bit more gentle.

Have you tried disabling the plugins CSS via the settings?
Have you tried changing any of the other setting for the plugin?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 08:44 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there

Yip, I've tried everything I know and searched and searched for answers and tried all sorts of things, nothing works, it just wont budge.

Thanks for trying

Maybe you guys will be interested in including something like this in an upcoming version *gets on knees and begs*