Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Different amount of space between the menu items

Old Jun 11, 2013, 08:48 AM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Send a message via Skype™ to Carme
Hi,
I would like to have different amount of space between the menu items. The menu bar has a clickable logo in the middle. That means I need much more space between About us and Gallery than between home and about us / Gallery and contact.

I am making sense?

http://mobrog.karmeba.com/

any help would be appreciated

Carme
Old Jun 11, 2013, 09:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You will have to do this by adding CSS to the CSS Inserts option. You will have to build a manual menu (dashboard->apperances->menu) and then look at the generated code to see what classes are associated withthe menu items. Then you use those classes to construct the CSS you will need.

If this sounds like greek, then you need to take a CSS tutorial so you understand what you need to do to go beyond the basics.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:23 AM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
done.thanks
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:23 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you use the WordPress menu system you can even add a class there if it is enabled via screen option on the menus page.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:28 AM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
I use the following to style the menu

li.page-item-4 {
margin-left: 100px !important;
}

li.page-item-6 {
margin-left:20px !important;
}