Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How do I adjust second level menu dropdown distance

Old May 16, 2013, 02:34 AM
losersteelman

5 posts · May 2013
How do adjust the distance that the second level menu drops down when the browser width becomes smaller than the whole menu width. In other words on mobile device my whole top menu starts to become two or three rows and when you tap top level menu item the dropdown second level menu item shows up to far down the page. I can't figure out where this is set?

Thanks in advance

site:
http://prediktor.azurewebsites.net/solutions-2/
Old May 16, 2013, 03:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please go to mto->Export Import, copy your settings to a text file and attach it to a reply
Old May 16, 2013, 05:31 AM
losersteelman

5 posts · May 2013
here ya go!
Attached Files
File Type: txt montezuma-mydomain.txt (109.7 KB, 1512 views)
Old May 16, 2013, 06:09 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have used the Responsive Select Menu plugin with success to handle menu display on mobile devices.
Old May 16, 2013, 09:14 AM
losersteelman

5 posts · May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I have used the Responsive Select Menu plugin with success to handle menu display on mobile devices.
but it looks ugly and unprofessional.
Old May 16, 2013, 02:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well from my peeking, I think this has something to do with your setup. When I put in a multi level menu things work as I would expect when I make the widnow smaller.

so, it would seem to be something to do with your settings/changes/virtual templates you have made. It could be an issue with the smooth-menu.js, butthat puts it 'above my pay grade' - I'm not a jscript progammer so you might have to hope the theme developer takes a look at this.

or you can deconstruct the things you have added to see if you can isolate the cause.
Old May 16, 2013, 04:00 PM
losersteelman

5 posts · May 2013
Thanks for your help and time I really appreciate it. It must be the javascript when I look at the page source the css is position: absolute; and it set to like top: 331px;

so something is setting the exact position in the browser where it appears and its not in any of the css I can edit.
Old May 16, 2013, 06:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I also spoke too soon about that responsive plugin as I had forgotten the Montezuma has a responsive menu built in. Not sure why yours isn't showing.