Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[QUESTION] How to make a list like directory

Old May 11, 2013, 02:57 PM
airchair

4 posts · May 2013
Hello,
I have just started using this theme and, to be honest, it is awesome! It is very flexible and has so many options that it is sometimes hard to use.

Today I have been trying to figure out how to make a list like directory as a post (see attachment).

I want to make it so every time I click on a letter it navigates right to list that starts with the same letter.

Not only do I want to make it do that, I also want to know how to create such a list in 2 columns.

I find it hard to describe, so I have made a picture that I have added as an attachment.

Thanks in advance!
I really hope it is possible to create something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wishlist.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	2336  
Old May 12, 2013, 07:31 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That's not really a theme issue. It's more a matter of using the proper html and/or plugin(s) to accomplish what you want. It will probably mean you will have to spend a bit of time "fiddling" with various ideas.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:08 AM
airchair

4 posts · May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
That's not really a theme issue. It's more a matter of using the proper html and/or plugin(s) to accomplish what you want. It will probably mean you will have to spend a bit of time "fiddling" with various ideas.
Thank you for the answer!
Yes, I have been building my site for the last few hours and so far I have managed to do all but the automatic linking part. If you know any tutorials how to do this, please let me know.
Old May 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Because what you want to do is unique finding a tutorial to do what you want will be unlikely. There are plugins for creating columns or you could perhaps use a table. The to get to the proper "list" you will probably want to use anchors. So if you do a search on wordpress.org for columns you will probably find some plugins for that. My favorite is Shortcodes Ultimate which has a column function. As for anchors check out w3schools.com.
Old May 13, 2013, 08:41 AM
airchair

4 posts · May 2013
I can't believe I was not aware of such a plugin before, thank you very much!
Old May 13, 2013, 09:19 AM
airchair

4 posts · May 2013
Sadly enough, a new problem has arisen.
I want to make my whole post show in the center of the page but the unordered list's icons do not go along with the text (see picture).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.JPG
Views:	1014
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	2337