Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Select Sidebars in Page Edit Panel

Old May 5, 2013, 07:35 PM
gpeery

17 posts · Feb 2009
test
Using Atahualpa (very enthusiastically!)

Rather than selecting what specific pages NOT to show sidebars on, is there a way, in the page edit panel, to select which sidebars, if any, to use? I'm not talking about custom sidebars, but just what the page format will be relative to the sidebars.

In most cases I would like to create pages with one sidebar, but in some cases it would be on one side, in others the other side, or possibly one of the inner sidebars. It becomes unmanageable to have defaults and then have to shut of the sidebar for individual pages in the Style and Configure Sidebars panel.

I am not really familiar with making templates, but I suspect it might be a matter of creating new templates which can be chosen. If so, can you offer some guidance on that.

Thank you.
Gordon Peery
Old May 5, 2013, 08:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you dig thru the forum, I gave directions (at some point ) of changing the 'don't display sidebar on..' to a 'do display sidebar on...'

while it might need some changes that is where to start. if you find the thread, try it, an it doesn't work, link the thread here and I'll take a look at it again