Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Left hand nav width

Old May 3, 2013, 08:47 PM
porkchopexpress

6 posts · May 2013
Novice user here.... trying to find out how I widen the left hand nav for my posts widget.
It lists date and title of post but not all on same line. Looks really crappy that way.

Need a way to widen it so it keeps it all on one line

I have seen suggestions it can be done under montezuma options. I sure do not see it. I see it mentioned that it can be customized but not how.

Any help is appreciated
Old May 3, 2013, 10:24 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Look in the "Choose CSS Grid" section of the options.
Old May 4, 2013, 12:54 AM
porkchopexpress

6 posts · May 2013
Yes thats the area I was in already... it shows a sample for custom code but nothing about what files or where to actually make the change.

Thats the problem I am having,,, just saying look under CSS grid is not actually telling me what and where I need to make this custom code change.
Old May 4, 2013, 02:02 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
It would be in one of your templates or subtemplates, maybe header.php.
Old May 4, 2013, 04:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) what is the URL pointing to the issue?
2) when you say 'left hand nav for my posts widget' is this widget in the righthand sidebar?
3) if it is a lefthand sidebar - what did you use to define it and where did you put the code?
Old May 4, 2013, 05:53 AM
porkchopexpress

6 posts · May 2013
thats what I get for posting when I am half asleep.

Sorry yes its the right hand nav/column. The one that comes pre-setup with Montezuma when I activated the theme. I just added widgets like My Posts, Recent Posts, etc

enduringthislife.com is the URL
Old May 4, 2013, 05:57 AM
porkchopexpress

6 posts · May 2013
jerryc.... yes i found it! thanks for that one

Looks much better now