Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Styling navigation link color in center column - HELP!

Old Apr 13, 2013, 02:32 PM
rainbow

13 posts · Apr 2013
I'm having a heck of a time trying to change the color of the next post/previous post and comment page navigation links in the center column.

I've tried two other solutions I found elsewhere in this forum to what sure sounded like exactly the same problem. Those solutions didn't indicate where to insert the code, so tried it in CSS inserts, in the style boxes for above and below the comments, in the navigation top, middle and bottom boxes, and in the center column style box - nothing works. This is so frustrating!

Here's what I've tried (copied and pasted directly from other forum posts marked "resolved"):

div.navigation-top a:link, div.navigation-top a:active, div.navigation-top a:visited, div.navigation-top a:hover {color: #ffffcc};

div.older a:link, div.older a:visited, div.older a:active {color: #FFFFcc;};

Here's a page with top previous past nav links which are only visible upon hover, since they currently match the background color:
http://mihansa.net/seoyoung-my-daughter-47-48

Here's the same problem navigating to previous comment pages:
http://mihansa.net/my-korean-drama-lists/#bottom

What am I doing wrong??

Last edited by rainbow; Apr 13, 2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot to include url
Old Apr 13, 2013, 03:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you look at the options in the 'Next/Previous Navigation' section?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 05:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I hate to say this but Firebug to the rescue. Here is some code to try.
HTML Code:
.older a, .newer a{
color: black !important;
}
You could also add hover code if needed.

Last edited by lmilesw; Apr 13, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 09:05 PM
rainbow

13 posts · Apr 2013
YES! That code worked for the next/previous page navigation, and I was able to look at what you did and figure out the comment page number navigation as well. Thanks so much for your time, I really appreciate it.