Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

List only one category on the frontpage?

Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:58 AM
Hydeisch

2 posts · Mar 2013
Hi

I'm struggling to understand how to choose which category to show on my startpage.

I want only the post for the news category to show on the startpage.

I've tried creating a maintemplate and change to this
PHP Code:
<?php bfa_loop'postformat-nyhter' ); ?>
and then using a page called "start" as a static page and having the home virtual template choosen under virtual templates".

I've also created the postformat-nyheter sub-template but I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do.

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When I want to show a single category I use a plugin like TPG Get Posts or List Category Posts.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 04:16 PM
Hydeisch

2 posts · Mar 2013
Its not exactly what I'm trying to do. I want it to look like on the startpage but only 1 category.

PHP Code:
<?php bfa_loop'postformat'?>
is what calls it to loop all the posts and format them using the subtemplate called postformat. But can I add some PHPcode so that it only checks for certain category ID's?

I've tried adding the list category post to one page but it just uses that 1 page as post in the index template and if i choose a page template it still doesnt display the way I want. I would have to rewrite most of the styling code for the plugin and some to montezuma I guess. There should be an easier way?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
List Category Posts or TPG Get Posts should do what you want you just have to determine the proper attributes to add to the shortcode on a page.