Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Repeating header image

Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
WordPress 3.5.1
Atahualpa 3.7.11

I am rebuilding http://takerootmontgomery.com/ in WP with ATA and I'm having trouble getting the image for the side shadow to repeat in the header. Ideally, I'd like the image to repeat throughout the whole col two, but I'm guessing i'm not getting the CSS selector right.

I tried doing
div#wrapper {
background:url(http://powerpetition.org/wp-content/...wrapper-bg.png) repeat-y left top;
}

and it doesn't work. I tried some other CSS selectors and they didn't work either. I already have a background image repeating in the body for the green stripe at the top. ATO > Body, Text, & Links >background:#ffffff url('http://takerootmontgomery.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/header-bg.png') repeat-x right top;

I'm at a loss. Any help would be great! Thanks!!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what site is the one that the problem is on?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The link you have doesn't link to an image. Also why not use a box shadow for the wrapper instead of an image?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:52 AM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
miles, thanks for making me aware of that fact that i'm an idiot. lol I corrected the link and all is well. I would use the box-shadow property, but I am under strict direction to make this new site look EXACTLY like the old/current one and therefore, I'm using as much as I can from the original site (images, code, etc...)

Thanks for the help even if it was just user error! Happy St. Patty's Day!