Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Close the Reply box.

Old Mar 7, 2013, 02:15 PM
rohaver

13 posts · Oct 2009
Western MA USA
Send a message via AIM to rohaver Send a message via Skype™ to rohaver
http://berkshirecountryhomesrealesta...home-together/

Is the link to our posts. I just want to close the reply box and only have it open when someone clicks on "leave a reply"

I know is something simple I just don't see it.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 06:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
two possibilities I can think of off the top of my head
1) do it with a jscript
2) do it with CSS

for (1) you will have to code up a jscrript to hid it, then unhide it when someone clicks on it.
for (2) you would have to make the 'Leave a Reply' a link (this would mean changing the theme code) linking to itself and use CSS, hide the remainder of the comment form. Then with psuedo classes, unhide the form when the link is clicked.

If you are not proficient with jscropt or php and css you should try to hire someone to do this for you.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 06:23 PM
rohaver

13 posts · Oct 2009
Western MA USA
Send a message via AIM to rohaver Send a message via Skype™ to rohaver
Then where is the css for the form. I have tried to change it in the theme but to no aval.
I don't know what is keeping it white?

Thanks so much!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 06:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
are you using a plugin for the comments?