Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Background outside content

Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:59 AM
arteny

22 posts · Nov 2012
Russia, Voronezh
Is there a possibility for Montezuma to show specified background only left and right from content (don't touch a central part with content)?

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 26, 2013 at 04:45 AM. Reason: thread name explanation
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will have to set the color or image for the body, then set a color for each area it shows thru.

think of a page as a bunch of transparency sheets. The body is the first to be layed down so you color it blue. Then you lay on top of that the next sheet - the 'main' area - but since it is transparent, the blue shows thru. You need to add a background color of, say white, to that area in the CSS.

So use a code examiner to look at the page and find all those areas that you need to have a solid color so the 'body' color/image won't show thru. This is the nature of CSS and wanting to change the defaults of a theme - yu get to play and learn
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:32 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by arteny
Is there a possibility for Montezuma to show specified background only left and right from content (don't touch a central part with content)?
Piece of cake. Inside a colored div, put another one. Put wide side margins and no top or bottom margin on the inner one, such as:

HTML Code:
<div style="background:orange">
<div style="background:white; margin:0 1em;">
[content here]
</div>
</div>
This example will give you a white content area, and orange side margins 1em wide. This post may help, too.