Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

center column padding top and bottom

Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:04 PM
DanDan

41 posts · Aug 2010
i want the background on the site white but on the static home page I want it burgundy. I made an image that fills the home page but I have a white area 15px high at the bottom, between the image and the footer. I have removed all the instances of padding I can find but cannot remove it. In

Center column style

I changed the background to burgundy and that changed the background and made the white at the bottom disappear but it changed the background to burgundy for the whole site. Changing it back to white I changed the padding to

padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;

but it did not remove the padding on the bottom. How can I remove this padding?

Thanks,

Dan
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Link to site please...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:17 PM
DanDan

41 posts · Aug 2010
Currently under a temp domain

http://impactdesign004.com
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use CSS to change the background color and in the CSS selector prefix it with 'body.xxxxx' where xxxxx is a unique class that shows on the <body...> statement when on the front page and not on other pages.

You can use firebug or just look at the page source to figure this out.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:16 PM
DanDan

41 posts · Aug 2010
I'm using an image in Body, Text and Links and a color on Center column style. How can I cause it to switch backgrounds or center column style on the index page? It seems that the problem is that the padding statement in Center column style is not working. I have put in several different values but they have no effect. There is still padding at the top and bottom of the center column.

Dan
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this in the CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
[html]body.home {
    background: none repeat-x scroll 0 0 #00ffff ;
}
[/html]
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:35 PM
DanDan

41 posts · Aug 2010
That changed the overall background but did not change the background of the center column, where the problem is.

See http://impactdesign004.com
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:06 PM
DanDan

41 posts · Aug 2010
I have it now. I used your code to add a background image for the home page and another for the other pages and mad the center column background transparent and it works fine, Thanks!

but I still have one question, why was I unable to use center column style to make the top and bottom padding disappear using padding: 0px 10px;?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
sorry, your first sentence looked like you wanted the background on the site to change.
if you want to change teh center column you need to use 'td#middle'