Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How to align Menu2 with the header and content?

Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:19 AM
ring

1 posts · Jan 2013
Hi! I'm a beginner at Wordpress and I have chosen Montezuma as the theme of my site. I really don't have any idea about CSS at first but I am trying to learn it. I was able to add Menu2 but it feels odd to see that it is not aligned with the rest of the content. I haven't started writing articles as I really want to set up everything first. I have actually made 2 test categories and 2 test posts just to check if my settings are working fine.

Anyway, my main problem is the alignment of Menu2. Please check my site to see the problem I'm having. It's ringabeldale.com

I'd truly appreciate help from anyone here. However, please go slow with instructions as I really don't understand much about CSS. Thanks and have a great day!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:13 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
The grid system used by Montezuma is quite simply explained in the admin area under appearance > montezuma options. If you use the same grid in your header and footer as you do in your content, things should align. If you make new templates, copy the defaults ones first and edit them, rather than starting from scratch, and you should have an easier time aligning things.

When you test your css layout, make every div a different background color. You can do that quite simply with this code:

Code:
<div class = "[whatever]" style = "background: #[rrggbb;]">
</div>
Just remember that the bg will color only the main area and the padding, but not the margins.

It things are still not aligning, test your css on a validator.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by jerryc; Jan 17, 2013 at 07:22 AM.