Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Replacing bfa_excerpt() with the_content() in postformat.php causes mismatch

Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:01 PM
Jonathan Harford

1 posts · Nov 2012
I've looked over "full posts on the front page" a number of times and come to the conclusion that replacing bfa_excerpt( 55, ' ...' ) with the_content() in postformat.php should give the result that widdy previously desired and I now desire.

I have done so, and indeed, my front page shows full content instead of just excerpts... except that instead of:
Title 8
Content 8

Title 7

Content 7

Title 6
Content 6
etc., I have:

Title 8
Content 7

Title 6
Content 5

Title 4
Content 3
I have been hitting my head against this puzzle for a while now.

Is there anyone who could teach me... how to solve problems? Or how to fish? My Wordpress and PHP knowledge are pretty minimal. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:43 PM
monbosapin

1 posts · Nov 2012
I have the exact same issue here: I replaced bfa_excerpt( 55, ' ...' ) with the_content() in postformat.php. Same thing happened with titles and contents getting mixed up for lists of posts.

I'm doing this for the category archives. Right now they show half the actual number of posts as any appearance of a post (whether in title or in content) is being counted as "shown".

Thanks for your knowledgeable help!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The developer has been made aware of the issue.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:05 PM
joseanu

2 posts · Nov 2012
I have the same problem, have been looking the code for a solution.

I've temporally modified the bfa_excerpt function in template_tags.php but i know is not the right solution for this.

My suspect is the theme's loop function.... will keep diggin.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 02:15 PM
richardjones

1 posts · Jan 2013
Has a fix been made for this issue? Basically what we are looking for is a way to make the landing page have the full version of the post, with the same layout as the post. When we replace the excerpt with the content however it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Richard
Old Jan 7, 2013, 02:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see PATCH 113-03: Using 'the_content()' in a virtual template may incorrect results