Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

real page names

Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:19 PM
matty5490

5 posts · Feb 2009
How does one go from website.com/?p=1 to website.com/meaningful-page-name/

I have a few questions, which i'll post in different threads to keep things organized. (I just donated, your theme is changing my life! more donations coming in the future)....
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:26 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See Site Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks

Thank you for the donation.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:42 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Looks like the permalinks aren't working yet because your .htaccess file is not writable. Here's what you can do:

In a text editor, open a new file and paste the following text into it:

Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress
Save the file as .htaccess (note the dot at the beginning), and upload it to the root directory of your WordPress installation on your web hosting account, should be something like /public_html/your-domain.com/
(May look different on your web hosting account)

Note: This file goes into the root directory of your WordPress installation, not into the Atahualpa theme directory.

You know that you're in the WordPress root directory when you see files such as wp-app.php, wp-atom.php, wp-blog-header.php etc... Upload the .htaccess file into the same directory where these files are.

Old Feb 4, 2009, 02:56 PM
matty5490

5 posts · Feb 2009
you anticipated my next question, thanks.

I have a couple other questions, should I make new threads or just post here?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 03:27 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Make new threads please so others with the same question can find them