Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Creating a large full width "recent post" section

Old Oct 5, 2012, 03:55 PM
Todd

10 posts · Oct 2012
Lancaster, PA
I would like to try to get my layout to have 3 top menus (1 page menu above header, 1 page menu below, and 1 category menu below the page menu) and have the menu border only have one side.

The main part of the layout that I would like to do is to have my most recent post be larger than the rest with the excerpt (not full post) and have it stretch across the width of the page and over the sidebar.

I have been searching for ways to do both of these things and have spent hours plugging in html/css in the section to insert html/css as well as trying to make changes to settings. So far, nothing has worked including several things I thought would work and others had success with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Layout 1.png
Views:	1672
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	2030  
Old Oct 5, 2012, 06:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What comes to mind is to use %pages and %cats for two of the menus. then add a full width widget area under them in which you would put a menu plugin for the third menu and use a recent posts plugin for the full width recent post. What I am unsure of is how to eliminate the latest post from the list of posts underneath.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:29 AM
Todd

10 posts · Oct 2012
Lancaster, PA
Do you know if any of those options are available in theme frames?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 07:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Yes... You can create a theme that uses two menus and you can add widget areas as well.

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 6, 2012 at 07:59 AM.