Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

<?php bfa_excerpt(); ?> is not showing the excerpts

Old Oct 3, 2012, 09:25 AM
Heka

6 posts · Oct 2012
<?php bfa_excerpt(); ?> is not showing my excerpts but only the first part of my posts. Can this be fixed easily?

For now I am using <?php the_excerpt(); ?> to show the excerpts that is written for each post but it adds a [read more] link an [...] after the post which don't fit with the theme.

If anyone has a better solution please let me know.

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2012, 09:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Bfa_excerpt does not display the excerpt field from the post editor, it automatically creates an excerpt starting at the begining of the post for nn words (it defaults to 55)
Old Oct 3, 2012, 09:41 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have not tested but perhaps this instead as seen in the Limited PHP list
HTML Code:
<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
Old Oct 3, 2012, 09:57 AM
Heka

6 posts · Oct 2012
Thanks for the fast reply.

Now I am using <?php the_excerpt(); ?> and it works but it adds the [read more] link to the post. This [read more] link is not in line with the rest of the excerpt so it looks a little strange.

The <?php the_excerpt(); ?> also adds <p></p> around the excerpt which makes a big break between the thumbnail picture and the text.

It is just minor problems and I can live with it for now. I just hoped that there were an easy way to make <?php bfa_excerpt(); ?> show the real excerpt.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the function the_excerpt() is a wordpress function (you can read about it in the wordpress codex) and the [...] is part of it's output - has nothing to do with the theme.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 02:27 AM
Heka

6 posts · Oct 2012
Ok, and thanks, I am still new to wordpress.