Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Splitting Blog Pages --> 1,2,3 ...

Old May 30, 2009, 05:14 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
I've been trying to figure out how to split my pages without having to manually split them and create multiple pages or sub-pages ... Some of my posts, being of a technical nature, are going to be "kind of long" and hand-crafting them each time would be a major pain.

I've seen it done, the end result, on various blog sites, I just haven't been able to figure out how to do it in Wordpress (I searched the forums there) or within Atahualpa (ditto on the forums). It might be because I'm asking the "search engine" the wrong question, but variations haven't helped.

I did find a link to a possible solution via Google by searching on "splitting blog pages" that makes sense -- http://rumahabi.com/split-wordpress-...o-2-pages.html -- but, before I start tweaking code I wanted to find out if there was already a built in way to do it (that I haven't found), or a better way to do it, or if the suggested solution is going to break something in Atahualpa 3.3.3. ???

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:33 AM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Well. I am part way there. My search question was wrong, multi-pages worked better and so forth. Which is how I ran across the <!--nextpage--> tag. That works, in a vanilla flavor sort of way. But, of course developers are never satisfied with "vanilla".

I've been reading a bit about wp_link_pages() -- now that my search questions are better -- but the same general questions stand:

1. I don't see how to enable this in Atahualpa, particularly as there is no single.php file (which is referenced here and there as the "place" to put it).

2. There's nothing (that I've run across so far) on executing wp_link_pages(). In other words, how do you use it in Atahualpa in a manner similar to <!--nexpage--> when editing Page (or Post) text?

Sorry if this is a "vanilla" problem, but sorting out all of the settings and "tweak points" in WP and this theme is taking some time and that I'm running out of.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:57 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You should be able to use <!--nextpage-->

wp_link_pages() is included in Atahualpa

You don't need to install what you found at the URL you posted
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:43 AM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
You should be able to use <!--nextpage-->

wp_link_pages() is included in Atahualpa

You don't need to install what you found at the URL you posted
Flynn,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I missed finding wp_link_pages() when I was searching Atahualpa's .php files.

With that said, when I insert <!--nexpage--> all I see on the page is the vanilla flavored Page 1, 2, 3 ... I don't seem to be able to, or don't know how to, access the additional "flavors" as described on the WP site. ?

Thanks in advance,

P.S. Is there an on-line manual for Atahualpa that I missed that describes the various settings and what tweaking them does?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:40 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See functions/bfa_post_parts.php line 91-92:

wp_link_pages('before=<p class="post-pagination"><strong>' .
__('Pages:','atahualpa') . '</strong> &after=</p>&next_or_number=number');

Re. manual, editing the page pagination is not a theme feature at the moment. But, more resources like (video) tutorials will be available after a few more rather huge additions/changes to the theme are finished, which should be the case in several weeks.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:10 AM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks, Flynn.

This helps -- if nothing else it is helping me to understand the architecture and thought processes you used to build this template.

I will dig into this and figure out how to tweak it without breaking your code.

P.S. I have no doubt you are slammed, the time I'm investing in building my web-site has to be a fraction of the time it is taking you to build this template. Still, I am looking forward to "tweak manuals".
Old Mar 27, 2011, 06:29 AM
ravibandakkanavar

3 posts · Jul 2010
Hello sir
I'm using 364 version...

when i use <!--nextpage--> tag it shows only front page and the link is not going to 2nd page..

Here is the link
http://www.krazytech.com/technical-p...stem-by-google

Pls help me......
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:54 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That issue has cropped up a couple of times and has been related to a plugin conflict in both cases. Try deactivating all your plugins to see if the issue goes away. If it does start activating them again a few at a time to determine which plugin is the problem.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Works for me when I look at the site