Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Trouble controlling sticky intro post in liquid layout

Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:45 PM
anartist

67 posts · Aug 2012
Washington DC
The introductory sticky post seems uncontrollable when screen is resized. see http://anartist.biz/mccall/ [password protected PW:bfa] and screenshots. Why does the text not continue below he photo when squeezed rather than stretch out the vertical space?

With the material in tables it stays somewhat solid until the text is compressed too much but the next blog posts spill over into the background.With no tables, it stretches out in an ugly manner. What to do?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
site looks fine to me in Safari and FireFox on a mac
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:16 AM
anartist

67 posts · Aug 2012
Washington DC
but when you squish it down [image is at 718 pixels wide] the text spills out and the BG inserts itself between the main body and the sidebar -- and when the pix float about they tend to create too much vertical space as is the case with the 3rd photo in my example screenshot. It is no wider than the photo above -- is there any way it can be told to just nestle up closer underneath?

btw I like your quote but did you know that it was not originally a Chinese proverb? http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/g...an-a-fish.html

I like yours better.

And nothing like a favorite pun I heard elsewhere "You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think"

Last edited by anartist; Dec 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: delete image
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the reason you see the body background show up when you make the page small enough is because the background for the 'middle' is transparent, so when the window gets small enough, you can see the body background thru the transparend 'middle' background.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:33 PM
anartist

67 posts · Aug 2012
Washington DC
the reason you see the body background show up when you make the page small enough is because the background for the 'middle' is transparent, so when the window gets small enough, you can see the body background thru the transparend 'middle' background.

Can one do something to the code to make the "middle" not transparent but fff?

And would setting style "overflow:hidden" get rid of the overflowing text when squeezed too small?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Take a look at the theme options for styling the center
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:03 PM
anartist

67 posts · Aug 2012
Washington DC
There weren't any options - just a place to enter style that had this in it:
padding: 10px 15px;

so I added this: