Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Full Post on index

Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:48 AM
iSpectra

16 posts · Sep 2012
Hi there,

is it possible to show an entire sticky post on the index page instead of just a few lines?

Best Regards,

iSpectra
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you looking to have just the sticky show full post and others show excerpts
or all post, sticky included, show full posts?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
deckholm

1 posts · Sep 2012
First off - I really love this theme. But I'd like to have full post content available on the homepage - sticky or regular post so any help doing that would be appreciated. I just started a podcast and would like to see the BluBrry embedded audio player as well as the formatting that I used on the post page to show up on the homepage.

To see what it's currently doing, here's a link to my site: http://www.boxscorejunkie.com

Again I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks
Duane
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:00 AM
iSpectra

16 posts · Sep 2012
I would like to just let the sticky post be shown completely.
Besides, there won't be any more posts then one on the index page.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If there will only be one post, why not make it a full post instead of excerpt?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 03:38 PM
iSpectra

16 posts · Sep 2012
And how can I do so?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 04:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
edit the subtemplate 'postformat.php' and change the line
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_excerpt( 55, ' ...' ); ?>
to test for a sticky and it it is one, call 'the_content()' otherwise run the excerpt.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 08:32 AM
iSpectra

16 posts · Sep 2012
Hi,

thanks for the help. I got one more question:
I'm use WOW Slider in the post but one can't see it even though the whole post is visible.
Should I try another slider or is there a fix for this?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what post is it on?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 08:11 AM
iSpectra

16 posts · Sep 2012
It's on the one and only post on the index site.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 08:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
and your site is...?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:44 AM
iSpectra

16 posts · Sep 2012
http://ijonathan.de/juedgemem/
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When do you want the slider to show? I would suggest using a plugin like 'widget logic' to control when the slider shows up.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:45 PM
Bubumachine

2 posts · Oct 2012
Hi Juggledad, I tried to replace <?php bfa_excerpt( 55, ' ...' ); ?> by <?php the_content(); ?> as you said in the postformat.php subtemplate, it kind of worked, but not really, my posts weren't fitting with the titles, some iframes didn't made it either... If you want to see it you can go to http://blog.philippebussieres.com. Thank you very much
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you applied the thumbnail patch? (see sticky's in this forum)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:35 PM
Bubumachine

2 posts · Oct 2012
Nope I didn't but finally don't have to remove it either, so it's good for now thank you very much for your help i'll try this thread if needed again.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:11 PM
Marie-Jo

1 posts · Nov 2012
@Bubumachine
Went to see your site. Looks pretty good and interesting as well. Félicitations!
Siince I haven't installed the theme yet, it was interesting to see how it could look when one doesn't have "ideally-sized" pix. Tend to prefer the Android version which doesn't show a border around them but even half-filled the framed pix are presentable.
On Android, your header lost its left margin and rss icon kind of overlaps it at the end of the line even if Comportements... goes from 3 lines (in portrait) to 2 lines (landscape mode).
On single page, you chose to add the title of the page to the breadcrumbs while Bytesforall only uses the category. Therefore it takes quite a bit of space on a smartphone. Since it's also followed by your quote, result is one doesn't see even a glimpse of your single page title on the screen without scrolling.
As a matter of fact, it would be nice if a future version of Montezuma linked single to its title rather than to the blog's header.
Good luck with your study.