Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to change "Background Color: Parent" when a menu item is active

Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:14 PM
floralprints

3 posts · Jul 2012
Within Menu 2 options I have both "Background color: Hover" and "Background color: Parent" set to "#ED0A7B".

This has automatically set #ED0A7B as the background colour of an item when it is active, but the parent colour is reverting to white. Any tips on how to change this?

Alternatively, how can I change the active link colour of my menu items. Making this white might be a simpler solution.

Site here: http://www.terroreyes.tv/wordpress/
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
a PARENT is created wen you cr4eate a page and tell WP that it is the child of another page. It doesn't look like any oy your pages have sub pages.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:28 AM
floralprints

3 posts · Jul 2012
Do you have any idea how can I change the active link colour of my menu items as a solution?

i tried

#menu2 li:active{
background-color: #ffffff;
}

but doesn't seem to be doing the trick!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is a tag 'current-menu-item' that is assigned to the current menu item, that and a search of the forum should help. if you dig there is a thread 'Juggledad's color menu cheet sheet' that I put up a long time ago.