Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Move header and left sidebar

Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:17 PM
markus-l

14 posts · Nov 2010
Hi

I have an idea i want to try out but i cant figure out how to do.

I want to move the header more to the right, so the edge of the header image will align with the center column.

Then i want to move the left sidebar upwards so it will be at the same height as the header image.

Hope you understand what im trying to do. It looks great in my head
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:36 PM
juggledad

23,728 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you might be able to do it with CSS using the position rule, but the page is a table where the header area is row 1
the middle is row 2 and the footer is row 3 nad the middle is another table with the sidebars being columns so it may take some work.

I suggest you give it a go, try things and maybe you can figure a way to do it and tell us all about it.

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 16, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:37 PM
markus-l

14 posts · Nov 2010
I think this is way, way out of my league =) I just might to keep it as a dream and start to think about some other desgin idea. I have tried some other themes for my idea but i will never change from Atahualpa! The ATO is so damn good!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:32 PM
juggledad

23,728 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this in the css insert
HTML Code:
td#left {position: absolute; top: 40px;}
div.header-image-container {left: 200px;}
you will have to play with the values to get them right
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:54 PM
markus-l

14 posts · Nov 2010
That made it! I didnt meant for you to do it. Made a donation (not much but anyway) for you to show my appreciation.

Now i will play around and see if it will be as i will. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
try this in the css insert
HTML Code:
td#left {position: absolute; top: 40px;}
div.header-image-container {left: 200px;}
you will have to play with the values to get them right