Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

how to get centered header and footer

Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joeyc

5 posts · Aug 2012
hi, i was trying to get a header widget that would appear right below the header but above the center column area (and centered over the area as well). i put the following code:

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>

into the configure header area, and it works great, but i don't know how to get it centered. (i tried adding width and align but couldn't get it to work, or if thats even what i should use. i did use the center function but that centered it completely and not just over the center column).

basically, i am trying to be able to insert adsense text links into a header and footer widget like how it is done on howtocleananything.com. there is the text link ads that appear centered above and below each post, any ideas how i could replicate?

thank you!

Last edited by Joeyc; Aug 16, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Centering a div with CSS involves giving the div a width and then an auto margin on the sides. Try a Google search for "centering div with CSS"
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joeyc

5 posts · Aug 2012
ok i kinda figured out how to get something at the top of the page and centered, using this and messing with the margins

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...4066#post34066

but if some could show me, what i'd really like is to replicate exactly how this page has the text link ads above the first post and at the bottom of the 2nd post on a page, and then ad block in the upper right of text:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...4066#post34066

i have been honestly playing around with all the recommendations in the other thread but just can't duplicate what i see, because i try to edit other solutions and it just comes out funky.

i could certainly donate if that would help. thank you...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
because of wordpress requirements you can't do it like that post says any more...

But, you should be able to put that code in index.php at line 7
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joeyc

5 posts · Aug 2012
crap, i totally put the wrong link in as my example site, this is what i was trying to replicate...

http://www.howtocleananything.com/ca...seasonal-tips/
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joeyc

5 posts · Aug 2012
yeah i did get that to work by putting the code in the configure header area and then adding this to css inserts:

div.bfa-adsense {
float: right;
display: block;
margin: 0em 105px 0px 0; /* margin 1em top, 10px right, 5px bottom, 0 left */
}

but ideally i'd like to get something like in the attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	1975  
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joeyc

5 posts · Aug 2012
could anyone offer any more help or additional suggestions?