Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Show Sidebar Only On Custom Post Type Home

Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:19 AM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
I would like to only show the Right Inner Sidebar on the Home and Category pages for my Custom Post Type called Books.

Based on my previous thread, I've been using this conditional If to help display specific content on the Home page for the CPT:

PHP Code:
<?php  if ( (get_post_type() == 'books') and !is_single() )
        echo ... ; 
?>
How can I apply that so that the Right Inner Sidebar only displays on the same parameters?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 04:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go taake a look at the theme options for sidebars
Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:56 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Using the sidebar options for Home displays on both CPT and general home/category pages. I want it to only display CPT home and CPT category pages, not the general one.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 06:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is something that would take more than a 'few minutes' to figure out and due to paying customer and family committments, I don't have the 'free' time to dig into this.

I would suggest looking at the code in footer.php and see if you can get it to work in there.