Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

With a post having parent and child categories = dupicate descriptions

Old Jun 9, 2012, 03:12 PM
jkfly4

115 posts · Nov 2009
Hi

Not if you can help or its the wrong section.

I have posts under a child category within a parent category (only on category ticked) and I am getting warnings of dupicate meta descriptions in my Google webmaster tool.

What ways are there around this ?

Do I remove all my child categories and just have one main parent cats covering all the posts under that large subject. Or do you just forget about the dupicate descriptions.

I am using Wordpress SEO, if that makes any difference.

Any tips would be mosts appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by jkfly4; Jun 9, 2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:19 PM
jkfly4

115 posts · Nov 2009
Hi

Would there be description line created within the theme too, causing a duplication.

I have now changed one of my sites back to All in One SEO, to see what happens.

Any ideas what to test ?

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
so do you mean you have cat A and cat B is a child of cat A and you have a post that is just in cat B?

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 19, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:36 PM
jkfly4

115 posts · Nov 2009
Hi

Thanks for the interest.

I have been missing about, I don't know if was me, tick the parent cat and the child within that parent cat that caused some of the problems.

I have also changed my site url, knocked off the www.

Maybe going back to All in one has helped to as most of the duplications, one of the pages is now not found. It may correct it's self hopefully.

Would there be any duplication through the theme (me not knowing much) when using Wordpress SEO ?

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
not caused by the theme but it could be by the plugin
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:04 PM
zingo5

92 posts · Sep 2011
This thread over at the Warrior Forum may be of interest. No done for you solution but ideas on how to fix it that you might modify.
http://www.warriorforum.com/programm...code-help.html