Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Home page issues in Atahualpa 3.7.7

Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:47 AM
jamtart

3 posts · Jun 2012
Denmark, Me
Hey, there,

I"m a new WP user, using ATAHUALPA (which is FANTASTIC!).

One issue, though: My homepage of my blog/site (denmarkarts.org) does not seem to want to show more than the current post. I would like it to show the most recent post in full, and underneath show previous posts in excerpt. Also, the home page for some reason won't display a sidebar--which may be fine, but not if it's a mistake.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Is the front page your blog page?
At dashboard->settings->reading how many post do you say to display?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
jamtart

3 posts · Jun 2012
Denmark, Me
I've selected "Front page displays: Your latest posts," and in the Atahualpa options, want to display the last 10 posts, with the last 1 post displayed full. Problem is, the front page doesn't want to display any posts as posts--it will display the most recent post, but won't bundle comments, wont excerpt prior posts, and won't allow navigation.

The function of the categories pages is also not working, in the same way: it will not display more than one post; and will not allow navigation....

By the way, everything works fine in other themes. But i'd like to use Atahualpa, which i've customized in the "atahualpa theme options" pages. I'm going to re-install, import my settings, ,and see if anything changes. Though if you have any advice at all, i'd be most appreciative. I'm happy to donate when I get this up and running.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
jamtart

3 posts · Jun 2012
Denmark, Me
RE-installed, and it fixed the problem!!

Thanks