Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Atahualpa Theme Shows the next page tag at the bottom of the post area

Old May 16, 2012, 01:01 PM
Ahmad

6 posts · Jan 2012
I am using the Atahualpa v3.7.3 for my blog http://knowledge-news.com.I often publish long posts and want them to be divided into pages for easy navigation.
Whenever, I insert the <!--nextpage--> tag in the HTML of the post I get the page number at the bottom of the post area above the disqus comments system. but, the problem is that some other plugins like author box and wordpress related posts are being shown before the page numbering which makes it invisible to readers.

Is there any way to put the page numbering just below the post area e.g. below adsense link unit in the post area?

Can I change the styling e.g. font size and color of the page numbering?

Last edited by lmilesw; May 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can probably position with CSS but I could not find an instance of a post with multiple pages. Could you point to one?
Old May 17, 2012, 09:57 AM
Ahmad

6 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks for the reply..

This post would give you an example http://knowledge-news.com/sony-xperi...titan-2-specs/
Old May 17, 2012, 10:52 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You would have to get into the theme code to change the position. I would eithere
  • Add the following to CSS Inserts to emphasize the pages
    HTML Code:
    .post-pagination {
        border: 1px solid;
    }
    .post-pagination, .post-pagination a {
        font-weight: bold !important;
        font-size: 18px;
        background: #F7F7F7;
        padding: 10px;
    }
  • My choice would be to use the Shortcodes Ultimate plugin and have separate tabs for the pages. Here is an example on my playground site. This puts it right at the top so they can miss it.
Old May 18, 2012, 08:16 AM
Ahmad

6 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks for the help but, how can i use the tabs as seen on your blog http://cnybiz.com/paging-on-a-post-or-page/ for my blog post navigation.

Can you give me the css for that kind of navigation?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 18, 2012, 08:46 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad
Thanks for the help but, how can i use the tabs as seen on your blog http://cnybiz.com/paging-on-a-post-or-page/ for my blog post navigation.

Can you give me the css for that kind of navigation?

Thanks in advance.
I used the Shortcodes Ultimate plugin. One of the shortcodes it has is for tabs. It's not going to be as quick as putting as putting the nextpage code in but does make for clearer navigation that you can customize easily.