Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Menu 2 personalization

Old May 5, 2012, 12:53 PM
adrian29630

39 posts · Sep 2011
I am sure I am missing something simple here but can't find an answer in any of the threads. I am using Wordpress 3.3.1 and Atahualpa 3.6.7

From what I understand using the Wordpress menu options I am able to create 2 menus, 1 being shown in Atahualpa as Page Menu, which works perfectly as it is included in the header set up (%pages), the other being shown as Categories or Menu 2. I have created a Menu 2 in Wordpress and added it as a Custom Menu via the widget plugin but cannot manage to personalize it. It just displays as a normal WP vertical menu with grey blocks and small text. I would like to be able to personalize this menu as well as the Pages but nothing I add to the Atahualpa Menu 2 set up makes any difference to how the menu displays. I am guessing I need to add %cat-menu somewhere but don't know where as this menu is in widget in the side bar and not in the Header.

The site by the way is http://gocabrera.com
Thanks in advance

Adrian
Old May 5, 2012, 01:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
For the sidebar menu you may need to use a widget menu plugin to style as you want. You may aslo need to style the CSS yourself putting the CSS in the 'CSS Inserts' option.

Last edited by juggledad; May 5, 2012 at 02:36 PM.