Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Comments do not display after permalink changes.

Old Apr 2, 2012, 01:32 PM
KrisKa

5 posts · Feb 2011
Hi there can you help good people ? I have latest WP and Atahualpa versions. In WP I changed permalinks from "default" to "post name". After this change when I click on "x comments" to see comments, they do not show at all. When I change back to "default" permalinks it works fine. Please help as my site was hacked week ago. I did not have comprehensive backups so I spent a lot of time polishing it back to the old stated and I lost already lots of clients because of that. So your quick help will be much appreciated.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 03:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
do you have a caching plugin? you may need to flush the cache to get thinbgs to work (or disable it for a bit)

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 3, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 05:17 PM
KrisKa

5 posts · Feb 2011
Hi Juggledad. URL is http://www.london-house-removals.co.uk/comments/ I did not install any caching plugin. I tried about 10 pages of threads to find solution without success.

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 28, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 06:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you actually have anything (text) in that post?
at dashboard->settings->reading->Front Page displays - what do you have set?
what do you have set at 'Blog pages show at most _ pages'?
how many posts do you have?

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 2, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 01:15 AM
KrisKa

5 posts · Feb 2011
There are 21 customer comments copy-pasted from the Word which I backed up this way some time ago. Obviously I had to edit the dates to the original times when they were posted.
In Front page display I have set Static PAge with HOme as a front page and Testimonials (comments) as posts page, shows at most 50 comments and sindication feeds shows at most 50 as well comments, its set to full text and UTF-8
Old Apr 3, 2012, 04:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Was the database hacked? It sounds like there may be a db issue. I'd have to look at the backend and db to be sure.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:55 PM
KrisKa

5 posts · Feb 2011
Wordpress dashboard was hacked but the did not get to cPanel of DB - if I understand it right. How can I assist you if you want to process any of your ideas further?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 04:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you not get my PM to you?
send me a PM with an admin ID/PW and I will poke about but be warned, getting hacked can be a big, time consuming problem to correct.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:00 AM
marry1

1 posts · Sep 2012
I just need this, and my conmments do not display after the link change, the same question, thank you all guys
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
marry1: the OP had been hacked. this is an old thread (I'm closing it)

open a new one and give a detailed explaination your problem with a url included