Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Editing Styles in the Footer, Header, and all other pages

Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:30 PM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
Forum members...forgive me for my lack of website knowledge...I have been forced into this position. I recently hired someone to build the site for my business. Overall he did a very good job, however a disagreement has terminated the relationship and I am forced to mange the site....Ultimately, I would like to be able to alter the site as if it were a static site in terms of modifying CSS, moving images around, etc...I cannot find, ANYWHERE, where the styles are that are echoed in the php files. For example, in the header.php...it loads my logo, nav menu, etc...the <li> for the menu references a class, <class=navigationheader3>....normally I would go into the external css file and find the class and make my desired changes. However, I have been told that these classes are being printed (along with the logo) at the time the page is loaded by:
<body <?php body_class(); ?><?php bfa_incl('html_inserts_body_tag'); ?>>
<?php bfa_incl('html_inserts_body_top'); ?>
I cannot find 'bfa_incl' anywhere, as I was told that is where the styles are. I have been into the Styles folder, and there are over 40 style sheets, none of which reference any of the styles referenced in the html code. Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated as this has become a second job and my wife is getting pissed.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to the WordPress Dashboard->appearances->Atahualpa theme Options and you will find settings to make all kinds of changes. Other than applying a patch, I have had no need to change any of the theme files or the style.css

When you ask a question it is helpful to list the version of Atahualpa and WP (for EVERY thread you open) and a url point to the site.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:26 PM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
Juggledad...thanks for the response.....I have been there. I have been hesitant to make any changes in there for the sole reason that 'current' settings are set to Ata's default and do not reflect what is seen on the site...logic tells me that the settings are somewhere else....

Atahualpa 3.7.1
WP: 3.3
URL: choosemyplan.com
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You have lots of CSS over rides in ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:07 PM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
Jugglehead...I have no idea what do with that...Would you mind explaining
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:10 PM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
Juggledad....I found it! Would it be safe to edit the CSS there to make the changes...?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
First thing I would do is
1) backup your database and then
2) go to ato->export/import settings and I would export your settings.

This way if you screw the settings p, you can recover them to this point in time. You may want to make a habit of doing this.