Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

comment textarea expandable

Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:36 AM
--yeah--wow

I noticed that my comment form text areas are expandable, by using the mouse on the lowerright corner of the text area.
Can this be disabled?
Is this related to the mootools and uvumi files in the ATA options directory?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I believe that is a WordPress feature, you will see the same thing in the backend - go edit a post and you will see the same thing where you put the post text.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:24 AM
--yeah--wow

You are right. It apparently is a WordPress feature. It is not in the edit post text box, but you van find it in a lot of places in the WordPress backend.

By the way: you can see it in the lowerright hand of the "reply to thread" box on this forum as well!

I added:
textarea{resize:none;}
to the CSS Inserts which disables the feature.

If you want users to only change the texarea in a vertical direction you would add:
textarea{resize:vertical;}

Hope that helps some people that have the same issue.