Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Coding for %pinit% in footer?

Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
kristal

32 posts · Feb 2010
Can someone write some code for me that I can add into the bfa_postinfo.php so that I can use the shortcode %pinit% in my footer? I'm using the pinterest plugin (http://pinterestplugin.com/)

TIA!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:36 PM
kristal

32 posts · Feb 2010
PS the shortcode that I need it to output is:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[pinit]'); ?>

I know I need to add something similar to the Sociable one:

Code:
// For the "Sociable" plugin
	if ( strpos($postinfo_string,'%sociable%') !== FALSE ) {
		$sociable = ( (function_exists('sociable_html2') AND
		function_exists( do_sociable() ) ) ? do_sociable() : "");
		$postinfo = str_replace("%sociable%", $sociable, $postinfo);
	}
but not sure what to replace

Last edited by kristal; Feb 24, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:05 AM
lmilesw

10,174 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is the type of issue where the ability to add a new widget are can be handy. You can add a new widget area where you want to put the Pinit shortcode and then add the shortcode to the widget after installing a plugin that allows for shortcodes to be executed in a text widget.

If you edit the theme files as you wanted then you will have to re-edit if you ever upgrade the theme.