Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Styling page menu bar with buttons

Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:40 AM
PeggyP

12 posts · Jun 2010
Hi there,

I have been looking to style the navigation bars with buttons or single images if you like, so that I can use certain fonts and icons.
I have been looking through the previous thread but unfortunately I end up more confused that enlightened right now

Can you help and tell me how to do this?

Do I need to create a new navigation and if yes what are the codes? How do I link images to the existing menu?

I am using ATO 3.7.3
The website is www.easytechclub.com

Thank you for your help,

Peggy
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I have been looking through the previous thread but unfortunately I end up more confused
what thread are you refering to?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:14 AM
PeggyP

12 posts · Jun 2010
Sorry it should have said threadS, there were quite a few. But mainly the idea that seems to come back is to create a new text widget area in the header and add CSS, I am not sure how to do this.

I am sure you will tell me what is best to do anyway
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:04 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In WordPress>Appearance>Menus you can add a class and then use CSS or look through the theme options on how to create a new widget area and add your own menu and style it. If you aren't sure about how to style I would suggest w3schools.com. They are a great resource.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
PeggyP

12 posts · Jun 2010
That's great, thank you! I have linked the image in the WP menu option and I am happy with the results for now.