Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] default widget won't go away when i add my own

Old Feb 9, 2012, 01:19 PM
timagogo

4 posts · Jan 2012
Hello

Thanks for the great theme and the helpful forums. I haven't seen a problem similar to mine, however. The default widget shows up BENEATH the ones I've added.

This came about after I imported the settings from another installation of wordpress. Also, I have a couple of widget plugins that may be involved but I've disabled them, reenabled them, and the problem remains.... The plugins are: "Display Widgets" and "Linkable Title Html and Php Widget"

ATA 3.6.7

take a look at the right sidebar here:

http://www.pioneerplayhouse.com/

Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 02:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
This came about after I imported the settings from another installation of wordpress.
do you mean the Atahualpa settings?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 02:46 PM
timagogo

4 posts · Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
do you mean the Atahualpa settings?
Yes, sorry that wasn't clear.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 02:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Why do you have you right-inner sidbar set to a width of 20px?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 03:05 PM
timagogo

4 posts · Jan 2012
Quote:
Why do you have you right-inner sidbar set to a width of 20px?
I guess as a legacy of laying out pages with tables I did that to create space btwn the right column and the center column. I've done that with other sites, and previous versions of this one, without it being a problem. But if you think it would help to change that setting I'd be willing.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 03:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When you add the inner sidebar, you get the default widgets for it. add a text widget to the right inner sidebar and don't put anything in it
Old Feb 9, 2012, 03:19 PM
timagogo

4 posts · Jan 2012
Quote:
When you add the inner sidebar, you get the default widgets for it. add a text widget to the right inner sidebar and don't put anything in it
Yes! That did it. Thanks for the quick response!