Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Post footer won't show

Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:03 PM
kjetil

45 posts · Jul 2009
Oslo - Norway
Send a message via Skype™ to kjetil
Hi
On one of our Atahualpa based sites the post footers just won't show. Not on single post pages nor on multi post pages.
I believe I've done everything the same way as on the other sites. (It's a long time since I did this kind of set-up, so I might have missed out something.) The only thing I can make show below a post, is the "Read more..." part.

I have: - inserted some simple code in the "Post/ page info item" --> Footer fields (3 of them):
%edit(' | <image(key.gif)> ', 'Edit this post', '')%
- Tried with or without contents in the "Read more tag" field
but the footer is gone, like here (the post page of the site)

In a similar way, also the %admin% code inserted in the "footer" field won't give the admin link it's supposed to.

All these things work on our other sites.
Anything I might have missed? I'm using WP 3.3.1 and At 3.7.3 (just updated from 3.6.4)

Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like you did an update and the maintenance file didn't get deleted.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:30 PM
kjetil

45 posts · Jul 2009
Oslo - Norway
Sorry - should have left the site alone just now. Actually just uploaded a fresh copy of WP 331, just to be sure the problem isn't there. Back online now.
:-)
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you tried deactivating all plugins to see if there is a conflict?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:11 PM
kjetil

45 posts · Jul 2009
Oslo - Norway
Yes, Miles, I have tried. Deactivating all plugins makes no difference.

But - something funny - I tried a bit back and forth, and reactivating all plugins gave "fatal error" for several plugins, but just for one at a time: WP-Ban, wp-smart-image-ii, wp-security-scan, wp-dbmanager and so on - always for the last plugin in the (alphabetic) plugin list. After deactivating everything, removing the "fatal" plugin from the server and reactivating everything again, the next plugin at the bottom of the plugin panel generates a fatal error.
Finally I tried deactivating and even removing all plugins. Still no difference on the footers. But uploading and reactivating them one by one at least didn't trigger any errors...

The WP installation in it self should be OK - remember I reinstalled it (re-uploaded all normal wp files) just yesterday.

Thanks,
Kj

PS Most of the plugins are very well tested on other sites and shouldn't create any problems
PPS The site's online again

Last edited by kjetil; Jan 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: more details
Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
export your settings (ato->export/import settings) and attach to a reply
Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:16 PM
kjetil

45 posts · Jul 2009
Oslo - Norway
Hm - I would have loved to. But clicking Export only made the theme page go blank.
So, since I have made some adjustments to the theme, I uploaded a fresh copy. Same problem. Still goes blank.
(Now, on the server, both the theme, plugins and the wp files are fresh copies)
This is weird, isn't it? Are there any settings inside Atahualpa that could have influence on these things?
Thanks for your effort.