Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How to: remove gap between content area and footer?

Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:35 PM
misofrappacino

17 posts · Dec 2011
Hello,

Can anyone shed light on how I might remove the vertical gap I'm seeing between the bottom of the content area and the top of the footer area in my design?

Please see:
http://www.cybermill.org

Thank you very much!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The right sidebar has more content than the center area which is why the gap

P.s. nice looking design
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:35 PM
misofrappacino

17 posts · Dec 2011
Hi,

Thanks so much for your response and for the compliment! It's been fun to put this together and learn more about the template along the way.

I'm not sure that the content in the right sidebar is the culprit, because there are pages where the center area has more content than the sidebar. For instance; http://www.cybermill.org/whats-new/news-2/

What else might it be? I've looked through the styling options for the center area, posts & pages, layout, footer, etc - can't seem to find the culprit.

Any ideas welcome!!! Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is where using FireBug in Firefox is very useful. Examining the area you will find that some of the space is caused by teh padding and margin on the navigation area (sheck the styling for that option) and some is the padding for the post/page (check the styling for that option)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
misofrappacino

17 posts · Dec 2011
Wow, thank you so much! I'm going to have to fix this later tonight - and will take your advice on firebug/firefox. Thank you!!!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could also just make the background for the footer the same dark gray as that area.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:50 AM
misofrappacino

17 posts · Dec 2011
WOW! That worked like a charm!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!