Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Creating a page template

Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
AchtungAffen

2 posts · Jan 2012
Hi, I'm trying to create several page templates so that many contributors have a template to begin with for several different type of pages. I mean, a template for index pages (pages which are an index of other pages), one for article index pages (pages that are an index of a multi-page article) and templates for the different articles (which must be pages, not posts). As I want to mantain a format unity when having many contributors writing pages, I thought having a template they could all base their work on, is the best choice. And I don't think having a draft page as a template would be the best choice, as a careless contributor might end up posting it and I would have no draft acting as a template anymore.

I've tried googling for an answer but ended up with category page templates or post templates, but nothing on how to create and use templates for pages (or maybe I missed something). Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you looking for something for when people view your site or when they enter data to your site?

Templates (in the wordpress sense) are for viewing the site
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:56 AM
AchtungAffen

2 posts · Jan 2012
Oh, didn't know that. I'm looking for something for when people enter data. Are there any options for this in WP? Or every new page has to be a start from scratch?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What you are looking for is probably 'wordpress post types'

Try a google search for 'wordpress post types tutorial'